CINNAMON ROLL DOUGH
3/4 c. whole milk
1 envelope (2 1/4 tsp.) instant or rapid rise yeast
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 large eggs
4 c. AP unbleached flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Add a pinch of sugar to the warmed whole milk. Add yeast and allow to proof for 5 minutes until foamy.
2. Whisk together melted butter and eggs.
3. Combine 3 1/2 cups of the flour, sugar, and salt together in a standing mixer fitted with the dough hook. With the mixer on low speed, add the yeast mixture and the egg mixture, and mix until the dough comes together, about 2 minutes.
4. Increase the mixer speed to medium and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. If after 5 minutes more flour is needed, add the remaining a little bit at a time until the dough clears the side of the bowl but sticks to the bottom (The more flour you add, the tougher the dough. Try to add as little as possible).
5. Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and knead by hand to form a smooth, round ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm draft free place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
1 c. packed brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1. After dough has doubled in size, mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl then poor in melted butter and make a paste.
2. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it out to a 16″ x 12″ rectangle
3. Leaving a 3/4″ border along the top edge, spread the mixture onto the dough. (I should have brush the dough with the melted butter. Sprinkle with sweet cinnamon mixture) That I think would of been a lot easier and cleaner, but my boys didn’t mind. 4. Slice with a pizza dough slicer into 24 evenly sized rolls. Arrange the rolls in the mini muffin tin lined with parchment paper and press into muffin tin. Ohhhh look at my little helper!!!! 5. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. (If making ahead of time, forgo the second rise and place the rolls in the fridge. Allow for second rise in the morning before baking.) 6. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°. Bake 25-30 Oh my Gooodness look at that yummmmmynesss
1 1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
3 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Allow rolls to cool for at least 5 minutes.
2. Using a hand mixer, mix together the confectioners’ sugar, softened cream cheese, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. To thicken, add more powdered sugar. To thin add more milk.
3. Drizzle with the glaze and serve.