Cinnamon Sugar Mini Bites
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF with a rack in the middle position. Grease 24 mini muffin cups, and get a cooling rack set over some paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Beat in egg. Beat the flour mixture into the shortening mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk. Beat well, until uniform in colour and consistency.
- Portion the batter evenly among the greased muffin cups. I used a small ice cream scooper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are just barely golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking get your topping ready by whisking together the sugar and cinnamon.
- As soon as the muffins come out of the oven dip them into the melted butter, then roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Let cool slightly on the cooling rack before eating.