So we just moved and bought a new oven!!! So excited to use it but was wondering what my first baked good was going to be. I noticed I had some ripe bananas that I didn’t want to go to waist. BANANA BREAD!!! But I didn’t want just plain banana bread so I added chocolate! Also i wanted it to look appealing so I marbleized it. Beautiful! My only concern was that normalllllllllllly my home would smell amazingly good of “just” banana bread butttttttttt instead today it smelled like New Oven and Banana bread. I was hoping it wasn’t going to taste like both. But it didn’t, the banana was so fruit with the richness of the warm chocolate. Soooo good.
I remember reading something that it was Elvis’s Birthday a couple days ago. Made me think of putting peanut butter on it when it came right out of the oven! I bet Elvis would have loved that!! He’s so HOT!! haha anyways Happy Belated Birthday Elvis!
Hope you all try this recipe because its Amazing!! Enjoy!
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup plain yogurt
3 ripe bananas
6 tsp. hot water
2 tsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream butter, sugar, bananas and yogurt with a paddle attachment
2. Add the eggs and vanilla but don’t over mix
3. Add the dry ingredients till slightly blended.
4. Spilt the batter into two equal bowls. In a small bowl mix the hot water and cocoa powder till the chocolate becomes dissolved,
add this chocolate mixture and chocolate chips into one of the bowls and slighty mix, you don’t want to over mix the batter.
5. Spoon booth batters into two greased bread pans. Swirl with a knife.
6. Bake at 350 for 40 mins to an hour until the center is done. you can poke the middle with a knife and if it comes out clean, your good!
7. Cool on rack for 15 mins then remove from pan and continue cooling.