(Pancake mix adapted from Martha Stewart)
1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
1 large egg
2 large apples
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoons cinnamon
2. Prepare your apples by peeling, coring, and slicing your apples into full circles. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not overmix; a few small lumps are fine).
4. Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Fold a sheet of paper towel in half, and moisten with oil; carefully rub skillet with oiled paper towel.
5. Dip your apples into your pancake mixture one at a time and place on grill.
6. Cook until surface or sides of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter.